Thursday, November 19, 2009

Always more surprises in the city that never sleeps


Ah, yes the city that never sleeps, indeed I am becoming a living imprint of this famous Sinatra song. My mind is constantly active and restless. How little time there is in a day to do all the things, I wish I could do. New York is on a time of its own, always racing and moving.

Lately I realized that I just cannot sleep and rest, my passions and work are so intertwined that work is play and play is work. Lucky me.


I miss Paris, it has been a while since my last visit. In my studio in Long Island City, I constantly look at this image I did a while back, where the Seine, Pont de la Tournelle and Cathedral Notre Dame are composed in some miraculous synchronicity with a sky reminiscent of heaven in a good day.Thats the Paris of the city of lights, I mean day light..

My love for this image persuaded my friend and now collaborator Eli Wilner to frame me this singular photography. In his now masterly way, he told me very discreetly, Ron let me do something extraordinary for you. Evidently, who am I, to tell the master what to do.

Needless to tell you that my surprise became, ecstasy in its purest form when I saw the result of this second collaboration. Eli, is calling me  Vermeer of the photography world because of this particular photography.


I know Vermeer work well and to receive such a compliment makes me blush and close my eyes in a sign of serene humility.  Photography is my life and passion, this is where I am alive and vibrant.


 Creation is a godly act, and few people ever reached Vermeer incredible genius.


Now, here we are reaching this pinnacle where friendship and talent can create the unthinkable, Eli went out of his way to recreate a frame , he recently used for another great Spanish master.


I will keep the surprise for your eyes to discover. Here it is.
















No comments:

Post a Comment