Saturday, December 03, 2011

Ron Agam in front of Kabbala in G

                            Ron Agam in front of Kabbala in G






Being the grandson of an important Kabbalist, Rabbi Yehoshua Gibstein, I was always mystically attached to a concept, an idea, of something that I could never really explain. I grew up on stories about the ascetic and mystic life of my grand father. My Father's complexity and superlative intellect was for me, the heritage of his father, I could not reason otherwise. Today I can better comprehend this link and gift that was given to me and transmitted trough generations.
The painting that you are seeing is named Kabbalah in Gold, in this work I translate the quintessence of red in two tones that are linked by a strip of gold, these two shades are encompassing the significance of the color red linked by gold which is this metal often related to something precious and sanctified throughout history. Red being the color of blood the essence of life , or wine . Wine being the liquid that you drink when you celebrated life. In Judaism there is nothing more holly than to celebrate life in happiness and joy.
For me this painting is also the gift of life after coming from a near fatal condition a few months ago, this painting represents all that I aspire in terms of spirituality and life. It is a pure abstract expression of existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment